Victory Packaging Packaging Engineer II in Aurora, Colorado
The Packaging Engineer II is directly responsible for the creative design, development and cost analysis of innovative protective packaging products to meet customers’ needs. Works closely with customers’ engineering and purchasing departments to determine costs and feasibility of producing proposed packaging, with a particular emphasis on cost reduction.
• Develops or directs development of sketches, specifications, samples and written analyses of proposed packaging in order to present design for approval to customer, including total cost analysis.
• Coordinates package testing and validation. Understands results, utilizes data for packaging solution and challenges suspect results.
• Develops and delivers exceptional quality customer service
• Designs structures, products, components or assemblies using complex engineering principles.
• Leads stylistic direction of projects.
• Identifies re-design opportunities that may have potential to affect manufacturing/sourcing efficiencies.
• Discusses project with the team to define goals and objectives. Steers project to meet all objectives.
• Complies with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
• Utilizes advanced test methods with ability to prove out designs
• Assists with mentoring of subordinates.
• Contributes to innovation to increase impact on the local branch or National Accounts.
• Collaborates actively with Sales to produce wins for the branches.
• Utilizes some advanced CAD features (3D, parametric, etc.).
• Understands advanced compression strength concepts and formulas.
• Leads and drives cost reduction audits, especially for high profile customers.
• Must have the ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Package Engineering or related work experience
• 2 - 4 years related corrugated packaging experience required
• Experience in all aspects of packaging, corrugated, and packaging materials (foam, flexible packaging, etc.)
• Expertise utilizing Artios CAD or similar design programs
• Ability to create and edit documents in MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to identify issues and communicate with team or management
• Fluency in English required, verbal and written
Additional Functions/Job Duties:
• Provides reports as scheduled or requested.
• Other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Req ID: PACKA01842