Victory Packaging Dispatcher in Columbus, Ohio
The Dispatcher position will be responsible for scheduling and dispatching drivers for routes to deliver product our customer locations.
How you will impact Victory Packaging, a WestRock Company:
Receive order requests from branch staff.
Plan and map routes for drivers
Schedule deliveries to maximize efficiency and meet delivery deadlines.
Utilize computer-aided dispatch system to contact drivers and plan/adjust routes.
Maintain required reports and compliance with DOT regulations.
Receive and respond to calls for assistance from drivers.
Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and pick-up operations.
Follow all safety rules for equipment, material handling and transport as required by DOT, OSHA, and Victory safety program.
Communicate effectively with operations staff about customer concerns and inventory issues.
Coordinate last minute or unscheduled deliveries to meet customer needs.
What you need to succeed:
High school diploma or equivalent
Two or more years of transportation industry dispatch required with knowledge of DOT policies and practices.
One or more-year(s) experience as a truck driver preferred.
General fluency in English required, verbal and written.
Basic computer literacy required, knowledge of Microsoft Windows preferred
• Position requires regular keyboarding, sitting, standing, walking. Work is performed in both an office environment and warehouse floor where incumbent may be exposed to environmental noises and hazards.
• Use of proper personal protection equipment is required depending on the location and potential hazards including safety shoes, safety vest, bump cap, gloves, hearing protection, safety glasses, and respiratory protection.
What we offer:
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)