Victory Packaging Safety Associate in Columbus, Ohio
The Safety Associate will be a site resource in assisting with development, and continuous improvement of programs and systems that support environmental, health and safety excellence. This key role will partner with the Multi-Site Safety Manager to ensure the facility meets or exceeds legislative, corporate and industry requirements, as well as best practice standards.
How you will impact Victory Packaging, a WestRock Company:
Supports the implementation of the WestRock Annual Safety and Health Strategy to achieve a Zero Injury Culture.
Assists Multi Site Safety Manager with investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
What You Need to Succeed:
· Preferred experience in a warehouse, distribution, or manufacturing environment.
· Attention to detail and capability to analyze data and make sound conclusions.
· Strong aptitude for organization, prioritization and managing multiple tasks at the same time.
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal and able to conduct Monthly Safety Training meetings with all shifts as required.
· Basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Position requires regular keyboarding, sitting, standing, walking. Work is performed in both an office environment and warehouse floor where incumbent may be exposed to environmental noises and hazards.
• Use of proper personal protection equipment is required depending on the location and potential hazards including safety shoes, safety vest, bump cap, gloves, hearing protection, safety glasses, and respiratory protection.
WestRock (NYSE:WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's team members support customers around the world from locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to create and maintain a diverse workforce where everyone feels valued, respected, and included. WestRock does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.