Victory Packaging Inventory Control in Dayton, New Jersey
The Opportunity: Our Inventory Controller plays a key role for Victory by conducting daily cycle counts to ensure inventory levels are accurate within ASW. Effectively and accurately researching discrepancies of physical counts versus counts in ASW. Plans organize and check the accuracy of inbound deliveries including physical counts and BOL discrepancies.
How Will You Impact Victory, a WestRock company:
• Count inventory
• Research discrepancies
• Perform basic math functions.
• Ensure materials are stored properly to conserve space in compliance with safety procedures.
• Oversee the rotations of inventories within the warehouse as needed.
• Keep branch accessible for branch staff and visitors additional functions/job duties.
• Load outbound trucks.
• Pull will call orders as needed.
• Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment compares identifying information, counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
• Affixes shipping labels on packages, wooden crates, and boxes.
• Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
• Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shippers to rectify damages and shortages.
• Routes items to departments.
• Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
• May direct others in preparing outgoing and receiving incoming shipments.
• Insert items into containers, using space fillers, and protective padding.
• Lift and move heavy items/packages as required.
• Use a computer as needed for email and internet information.
• Select appropriate carriers/truckers to fill needs, both domestic and international, and complete necessary shipping documentation.
• Track shipments as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
What You Need to Succeed:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Three or more years of experience working in a warehouse environment and inventory control.
• Computer literacy required, prefer knowledge of MS Office.
• Forklift certified is a plus.
• Ability to effectively communicate to management and team members.
• Perform basic math functions.
• Ability to work independently or within a team environment.
• Ability to perform tasks under pressure, and within a deadline-driven environment.
• Ability to handle detail-oriented work.
• General fluency in English required, verbal and written.
• Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or scheduled form.
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Ability to stand and walk for extended periods as a primary job responsibility.
• Capacity to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. intermittently during a typical work shift.
• Observance of established safety guidelines in conducting physical work activity duties.
• Wear protective equipment as required.
What We Offer
• Corporate culture is based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence.
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential.
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety, and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock (NYSE:WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's team members support customers around the world from locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to create and maintain a diverse workforce where everyone feels valued, respected, and included. WestRock does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.