Victory Packaging Accounts Payable Clerk in Houston, Texas
The Account Payable Clerk at Victory Packaging located at 3555 Timmons Lane, Houston, Texas 77027 creates and maintains accurate accounts payable records.
• Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
• Work with different types of payment solutions and confidential information.
• Communicate with branch AP team, corporate staff, and sales force regarding payable concerns and issues.
• Respond to all vendor inquiries, research, and follow-up on open issues in a timely manner.
• Maintain all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets, or data bases accurately and timely.
• Assist in month end closing - understand accruals based accounting.
• Prepare analysis of accounts as scheduled or requested.
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
• Understand similar duties, such as accounts receivables and customer service.
• Cross train in other functional areas of facility.
• Other duties as assigned.
• College coursework or degree in related field is preferred
• Two (2) or more years related accounting experience is preferred
• Excellent speed and accuracy in data entry skills
• Advanced Excel Skills REQUIRED: capable of creating pivot tables and spreadsheets
• Ability to create and edit documents in MS Office Word
• Ability to identify issues and communicate with team or management effectively
• Fluency in English required, verbal and written
• Quick learner and be able to multi-task
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Req ID: ACCOU01915