Victory Packaging AP Clerk in Houston, Texas
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Accounts Payable Clerk, Victory Packaging – Houston, TX
Creates and maintains accurate accounts payable records. Communicates with company team members and vendors to resolve disputes or concerns related to accounts payables. Tracks and resolves returned product issues for customers.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
· Work with different types of payment solutions and confidential information
· Communicate with branch AP team, Corporate staffs, and sales force regarding payable concerns and issues
· Respond to all vendor inquires, research, and follow-up on open issues – timely
· Maintain all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets, or data bases accurately and timely.
· Assist in month end closing –understand accruals base accounting
· Prepare analysis of accounts as scheduled or requested.
· Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
· Understand similar duties, such as accounts receivables and customer service
What you need to succeed:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Fluency in English required, verbal and written
· College coursework or degree in related field is preferred
· Two (2) or more years related accounting experience is preferred
· Excellent speed and accuracy in data entry skills
· Proficient skills in Excel: capable of creating pivot tables and spreadsheets
· Ability to create and edit documents in MS Office Word
· Ability to identify issues and communicate with team or management effectively
· Quick learner and be able to multi-task
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.