Victory Packaging VP Sales in Houston, Texas
Vice President - Sales
Victory Packaging - Houston, TX
The Vice President of Sales is the organization-wide leader responsible for ensuring sales force effectiveness and manages functions essential to sales force productivity.
· Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 15 years successful sales experience with 7 years in a senior management position
· Advanced Degree/MBA preferred
· Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operations level
· Proven sales track record in a new product/new market environment
· Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results driven, team oriented environment
· Demonstrated experience with sales methodology and sales funnel management
· Outstanding consultative selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with executive level customers and partners
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
· Plan, direct, and set the strategic direction of the sales program to maximize profit
· Oversee sales staff operations, business planning, and budget development
· Responsible for maximizing the potential sales volume of all segments of the market.
· Develop a high performance team through effective management, organization, development training, and motivation of personnel
· Oversee development of comprehensive sales plans for branch locations to meet overall business objectives
· Engage in relationships with the top producing customers and top potential customers
· Lead the sales management team on the development and execution of presentations to key customers
· Encourages service ideas and fosters shared understanding of product/market concepts that are pertinent to target markets
· Direct sales teams in generating new accounts and revenue streams for VP/GSC while achieving annual sales quota
· Builds a dynamic culture and motivated team that is dedicated to the success of customers, employees and managers.
· Ensures that revenue objectives are met or exceeded.
· Sets and monitors sales and marketing strategic direction and growth strategies (including new business and product development)
· Ensures the development of sales programs and improvement initiatives that support business objectives
· Establishes and monitors key indicators and other tools that measure accountability in the area of sales
Travel to VP/GSC branches and corporate office. Estimated 75% travel.
Additional Functions/Job Duties:
· Other duties as assigned.
· This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
· Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates in a professional office environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers to type or handle. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Leadership and Management Responsibilities:
Supervise subordinate employees. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; performance management; mentoring; disciplinary action; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Coordinate projects and provide leadership and assistance to cross-functional project teams. Teams may be made up of internal employees, consultants or temporary staff across several business units.
Manage and maintain operations within allocated budget (staffing and departmental expenses).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.