Victory Packaging Safety Associate in Jessup, Maryland
The Safety Associate will be a site resource in assisting with development, and continuous improvement of programs and systems that support environmental, health and safety excellence. This is an entry level Safety role will partner with the Multi-Site Safety Manager to ensure the facility meets or exceeds legislative, corporate and industry requirements, as well as best practice standards.
How you will impact Victory Packaging, a WestRock Company:
· Supports the implementation of the WestRock Annual Safety and Health Strategy to strive for an incident free safety culture.
· Assists Multi Site Safety Manager with operational learning events of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
· Promote a proactive safety culture focused on incident prevention and regulatory compliance.
· Partner with Multi-Site Safety manager to develop site specific safety objectives and create action plans to meet those objectives.
· Assists with internal EHS self-assessments and weekly audits to ensure compliance.
· Assists Multi-Site Safety Manager to ensure all key EHS operational controls are in place and EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
· Ensure DOT and Forklift training/safety procedures for regulatory compliance in partnership with site operations leaders and Fleet Safety.
· Conduct daily walk throughs and monthly safety meetings
· Maintain, review and report EHS performance, identifying opportunities for improvement along with implementing preventative and corrective actions as required.
· Other duties as assigned
What You Need to Succeed:
· Preferred experience in a warehouse, distribution, or manufacturing environment.
· Attention to detail and capability to analyze data and make sound conclusions.
· Strong aptitude for organization, prioritization and managing multiple tasks at the same time.
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal and able to conduct Monthly Safety Training meetings with all shifts as required.
· Basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
· General Industry OSHA 10 certification
• Position requires regular keyboarding, sitting, standing, walking. Work is performed in both an office environment and warehouse floor where incumbent may be exposed to environmental noises and hazards.
• Use of proper personal protection equipment is required depending on the location and potential hazards including safety shoes, safety vest, bump cap, gloves, hearing protection, safety glasses, and respiratory protection.
What we offer:
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.