Victory Packaging Warehouse Operator in Kansas City, Missouri
The Warehouse Operator position for Victory Packaging is responsible for all phases of assembling materials for customer orders, receiving new and returned product, and maintaining safety and quality standards within the warehouse.
• Read customer order documents to accurately determine selection of product and assemble inventory required.
• Move outgoing product using hand truck, forklift or other material handling equipment, in accordance with all safety policies, to loading dock.
• Receive, sort and place incoming product in appropriate warehouse location.
• Document and record any customer returns as required.
• Record amounts of material shipped or received in Victory computer system.
• Mark materials and product with Victory inventory codes.
• Notify Supervisor, General Manager or Office Manager of any product, safety or customer concerns.
• Assist with general counting of inventory.
• Open all containers, crates or bales as required to sort and maintain stock.
• Organize warehouse for cleanliness and safety at all times.
• Sweep, mop and perform other routine maintenance.
• Maintain all safety standards, including wearing protective clothing and eyewear as required.
• Maintain all quality indicators for operations by verifying product quantity/quality before delivery.
• Keep warehouse accessible and safe for branch staff and visitors.
• Coordinate of last minute or unscheduled deliveries will be necessary.
Additional Functions/ Job Duties
• Assist in production
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent
• One or more year (s) experience as a fork lift operator
• One or more year(s) experience as warehouse clerk preferred
• General fluency in English required, verbal and written
• Basic computer literacy preferred but not required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Req ID: WAREH01625