Victory Packaging Dispatch Supervisor in Orlando, Florida
WestRock | Victory Packaging
Title: Dispatch Supervisor – Orlando, FL
· Coordinate the timely movement of freight to meet customer demands through dispatching, supervising, and scheduling.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Dispatch all outbound and inbound loads.
· Make sure that all ISO procedures are followed for dispatching.
· Follow up on all Xata Net request and make sure all driver’s logs are current and correct.
· Understand all DOT regulations to assure that we schedule loads that comply with hours of service.
· Make sure that all ISO procedures are followed for warehouse loading / unloading.
· Supervise staff when loading trucks to make sure that all loads are being loaded in a timely manner.
· Make sure that the dock area is kept clean and organized.
· Assist in U-Haul production
· Restock or clean warehouse.
· Other duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
· High School Diploma or equivalent required
· B.S. or B.A. Degree in Business Management preferred
· Three or more-year(s) experience as team leader or supervisor required.
· Prior experience scheduling, planning, and directing activities of CDL drivers.
· Ability to succeed in collaborative team environment, delegating workload and responsibilities.
· Ability to effectively communicate with management and team members.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook PowerPoint)
· Perform job duties in severe weather conditions: heat, cold, rain, etc.
· Lift 50 pounds repeatedly and without assistance or equipment
· Utilize all material handling equipment without assistance.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence.
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential.
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.